Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Liebster Award



I've been awarded a Liebster Award by Codicier Ignatius from the Fourth Company Librarium. There are some guidelines for what an individual who is given a Liebster is supposed to do. Now here is what you are supposed to do if you get this.




  • Copy and paste the award on your blog linking the blogger who has given it to you.
  • Pass the award to your top 11 blogs with less than 200 followers by leaving a comment on one of their posts to notify them that they have won the award and listing them on your own blog.
  • Sit back and bask in the warm fuzzy feeling that you have made someones day.
  • There is no obligation to pass the award on to someone else but it is nice if you take the time to do so.
The format doesn't have to be the same as what I've made so long as the spirit of the award is maintained. It's meant to showcase blogs and authors and increase readership and community. Whatever method is used is irrelevant so long as that goal is achieved.

The recipients I've chosen

There are few blogs that I like to read that I think deserve this award.  They have good content and are regular posters, bringing their own view to the hobby we enjoy.
 
These are well-written and frequently updated blogs that are really worth reading. The dice odyssey is focussed on WFB and specifically on the wood elves, its a great blog and has a lot of good content on the other GW game that is not talked about as much as it should.  The imperial patrol is another Imperial Guardish blog and has great content on different aspects of the game and alternate model ideas.. 

The Q & A bit

  1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because my friend suggested I should.  Like a cancer it grew and I ended up starting.  I stay away from the forums and find blogs to have much better content.
  2. If you could change one thing about the wargaming hobby, what would it be? I would change the attitude of negativeness that pervades many in the hobby.  A lot of problems would be solved if people would just chill out and play the game..
  3. What is best in life? Spending it with the people you care about, everything else is trivial.
  4. Do you want to live forever? Not against it, wouldn't mind it but if I was the only one that would be depressing in its own way.
  5. Fame or fortune? Fortune. Fame is fickle, with money you have more options and chances to better shape the world.
  6. What miniature are you most proud of having painted? The miniture I am most proud of is my Marbo that I made, the ghillie suit he has just look awesome.
  7. How do you deal with burn out? I take breaks, generally I go through spurts.  So I'll paint for a few weeks, get tired of it and take a break till I get motivated again.
  8. Why is a raven like a writing desk? They can both be black.
  9. Star Wars or Star Trek? Star Trek, I like the more scientific aproach it takes and generally that it tries to tackle real social issues.  Plus for me it just feels a little more mature, star wars has always given off the kiddy vibe for me.
  10. If you could only buy from one miniature company from now on, which one would it be? I GW, its the story and game I love and I would be happy to play it as long as I can.
  11. What is your favorite take out? Teriyaki from House of Teriyaki up here in WA, its just delicious.
If you received a Liebster from me then you can answer these same questions in you own post or you can change them up. It's not like you are being interviewed for a seat on the security council, so if you would rather do the obligatory, "My favorite color is" feel free. Once again participation is voluntary but lets all work together and make the internet a smaller place. Thanks for reading and I appreciate the support and time people take to read and comment on the blog.
GG

3 comments:

  1. Well done sir you really do deserve it! I have been reading your blog for a while and it is one of the best if not the best for GI players what you say is always bang on the nail. I will be reading your blog I will enjoy every second of it so there :)

    well done again I hope you get that warm fuzzy feeling more often you earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh! Where is this Marbo model? Do you have any pictures? It sounds awesome! You could do a while post on your model and his awesome backstory!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a post on the model a while back, here is the link
      http://cadiascreed40k.blogspot.com/2013/09/hobby-tips-camouflage.html

      Delete