Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Bullgryn WIP part 2



So part two of my continuing progress on the Bullgryns.  Quick post tonight as I got home late and want to spend time painting more tonight rather than blogging.  I painted last night while watching my ole colleges championship foot ball game (american) who continued with their usual choking in the champ game, so I may have drunk a little bit.  A little bit of touch up to do, but not finished anyways so no biggie, I usually make messes as I paint and clean it as it gets finished.  But not bad for some wine infused painting.



Basically got the metal painted, brown, skin and most of the detail work.  Have the yellow on the shields as well as the gold for the emblems and aquilas.  Just minor detail work left, though the eyes and touching the skin up is going to be a pain.  So hopefully the next post will have completed bullgryns, minus the basing.

GG

7 comments:

  1. Know the feeling on blogging vs painting. I spent over an hour last night just setting up today's posts...could have been painting.

    I am really starting to fall in love with the Bullgryns They grow on you fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The models grow on me but I still don't want to field them. They take up precious room that could be taken up with assassins, tanks, or MORE men...

      Delete
    2. They are great looking models. That they do. I prob won't have them in every army, but def want to try and work them in more and find their best uses

      Delete
  2. I really do love these models. I personally put all the non-mask heads on them as I like the personality that adds. I just love a good shield wall... :)

    I feel like there should be a "What's on your table" segment here where we can send in our own pics of models for comparison and future ideas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have brought it up a couple of times, and do show case other models. I just don't get a whole lot of submissions. As much as I like doing it, can't post material I don't have. Though I do have one in the works once I get time to do it.

      Delete
    2. Fair enough! I'll try to snap some pics of my Guard. I know you have an Ork army as well right now, so I could also send some pics in of my friend's Ork army (he's really creative). I don't think two Orks look the same... I mean ORKS! And he chooses to make each one unique. I'll say this, there's a santa Ork, a clown Ork (complete with rainbow afro wig and red nose)... it's pretty amazing.

      Delete