Saturday, November 22, 2014

Leviathan: Bit of a Disapointment


Leviathan is out and despite some tempered hope, turns out its all nid lovin.  This is a bit of a shame.  Not saying nids didn't deserve any love, but by god sisters could have used some as well, and some AM/MT love wouldn't have hurt.  This is too bad, as I feel the sanctus reach campaign did this better, giving all sides some attention but still moving on with the story and action.

Sheild of Baal though is starting out with really only any focus on the nids.  This is great for them, but other than having some cool missions, whats in it for me.  This may seem like a selfish thing to ask, but really when your a company trying to sell a product, you want to get a buy in from as much of your base as possible.  This only attracts nid players, for the most part at least.  If it had some AM formations or units or anything I might consider buying ti down the road, but really not at this point.  Hopefully the next part of the campaign will have something, but most likely it will just be BA and nids, so will not interest me.  Good for them, but not what I'm looking for.

Hopefully something will come down the line but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

GG

5 comments:

  1. Hopefully there will be some love for both AM/MT and Sisters. Personally, I think that Nids are getting a little to much love these days. Yes, their codex wasn't great, but from every nid player I have spoken to, its not that bad either, they have been getting a lot of formations and new models recently, I'm not sure they really need anymore.

    Hopefully, there will be some more AM formations, some more Inf focused ones, some MT deep striking formations and just something for sisters. Although I don't play sisters or have any inclination to, they are one of the best armies both fluff and visually wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Im really hoping for something, its a bit one sided they way this release has gone. Great for nids, but not much for anyone else.

      Delete
  2. have you seen the part about the city fight rules or aces? I haven't seen any reviews yet, but I hope there are some cool rules...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heard little snippets but nothing concrete, waiting for a full review of them to pop up

      Delete
  3. Nid players won't stop crying until on a 2+ rerollable they auto win the game. I can't believe these guys still say their dex is underpowered as they plop down their double flyrants, malanthropes everywhere and living artillery broods.

    ReplyDelete