So I got to it and built my taurox. I will say it is a pretty detailed model and partly makes up for its boxi boxiness. It comes together really easily and is easy to modify. I magnetized the side guns to swap out as desired. This was done simply by gluing a magnet right above where it glues on and one to the gun itself. I also used a knife and opened up the turret view slit and shoved a heavy stubber in their. I really like how it looks and I am honestly considering using these turrets on chimeras.
The model fits together really well and the top roof pieces fit snugly into place. I glued the two top pieces together, but not to the main body. So I can still pop it off and it fits well enough that I can pick the model up by the turret and the roof still stays on the model without glue. I'll be keeping it unglued so when I paint the interior I can still show it off.
Built in person it does not look too bad. I will say once painted I like the model. It has lots of detail that pops once done and has a good look to it despite its boxiness. There really is not much to say about the kit other than its easy to build and easy to cut stuff up for modifying. I decided to leave the tracks on and they honestly don't bother me as much as I thought they would. It would be real easy to change these out with wheels and it will be cool to see some of the modifications people will do in the future.
I painted the Taurox to follow my storm troopers color scheme. So black and dark red are the main colors with bronze and silver for the metallics. The trim I painted in the bronze. I mixed out between leadbeltcher and iron breaker for most of the metallics. In the end I really like the scheme and it has sinister look to it and my troopers popping out of it will look right at home.
Not much else to say, the color speaks for itself. All the detail on it is nice and helps a long way to making the model look better. I'm looking forward to adding more to my fleet. I am liking how they play and having side doors makes a nice difference when dismounting and not having to worry about facings. On to my scions, have 20 of the bastards to paint now.